Office

Office
Waiting room

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

New Dry Eye Treatment

Recently I have added a new device to my office. Its called the TearLab. http://www.tearlab.com/
So, I procured this item and thought to myself, of what use is such an item?
First I want to tell you that a great many patients who clearly suffer from symptoms of dry eye do not truly have dry eye. The tear lab clearly shows what patients have a lack of tears and what patients do not.
The only benefit I can see from the product would be if once measured, I could prescribe a new treatment and see a change. The change would need to be shown in a numeric fashion.
This device clearly does that. It is repeatable. I have also added a new drug to my formulary. It seems to clearly make a difference in dry eye patients. I will not go into what the drug is, but suffice it to say that it is much better than any other on the market. I hope to explore these novel treatments in greater detail in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment